Shopping for a lawn tractor but not looking forward to spending the high dollar amounts being charged for new machines? Here you’ll find a comprehensive list of gently used lawn tractors for sale from many of the world’s leading mower manufacturers such as John Deere, Murray, Toro, Craftsman, Exmark, Hustler, and many others.
Owning a quality lawn tractor can make your life better in more ways than just one. First and foremost, they’re great for greatly reducing the amount of time you spend caring for your large lawn, and for those buyers with acres of grass to keep trimmed, a lawn tractor is essentially a must-have. They’re also able to trim grass more evenly and uniformly, as well as maneuver around obstacles with ease, meaning a better cut every time. But with all of the various used lawn tractors for sale, picking the right one isn’t always easy!
Should I Buy a Used Lawn Tractor?
If you’ve made it this far in your search for used lawn tractors for sale, there’s a pretty good chance that your mind is already made up. But for those of you who are still on the fence, here are a few reasons why you’d be better off with a lawn tractor instead of other types of used lawn mowers like push and walk-behind types:
- Do you have trouble walking/pushing a normal mower for extended periods? Do you find yourself overly exhausted or in pain after every time you cut the grass?
- Is your yard more than three-quarters of an acre in size? From here and up, trying to mow exclusively with a push mower can be a little much.
- Do you mow your lawn more than once a month? Infrequent trimmers may be able to get by with a low-end or push-behind lawn mower, but those who are spending multiple days a month cutting their grass will find the time and energy savings of investing in a used lawn tractor well worth it.
Which Brands of Used Lawn Tractors Are Best?
There is no one size fits all list that will cover the best lawn tractors for everyone – each buyer is going to have their own needs and applications that they plan on using their tractor for. But by and large, there are some brands who are repeatedly winning awards and respect from industry experts for their lawn tractors. A few of the top brands to keep your eye on include:
- John Deere
How Do You Plan to Use Your Lawn Tractor?
One of the best way to narrow down a list of used lawn tractors is to write down precisely what you’re looking for and how you intend to use it. From there, it’s much simpler to cross off the models which don’t fit your needs and close in on the ones best suited for your applications.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Are you just planning to mow your lawn, or will there be other purposes for your lawn tractor?
- Do you need a cut-grass catcher, or can the spent grass be re-entered back into the lawn?
- Do you live somewhere that you may need to use a snow blowing or plowing attachment?
- How wide of a mower deck do you need? The wider it is, the more ground the can cover quickly, but at the sacrifice of precision and maneuverability.
With so many used lawn tractors for sale, there are always going to be plenty of great options coming up for sale, but at the same time, the listings you see today probably won’t stick around very long. So if you think you’ve found the right used lawn tractor, make sure to jump on it without hesitation or you may wind up missing out on a tremendous deal.